INGREDIENTS I USED:
Green chilli - 5
Garlic - 2pods
Cooking oil and salt
1. In pan Fry the dariya dhal,Onion,Tomato,Green chilli,and shredded coconut
2. After frying well, Grind all this coarsly with little garlic.
3. Splutter the fennel,Aniseed, and cinnamon in oil
4. To this add the ground mix. Simmer it for 15 MInutes.
5. Serve hot with Idly.
MOONG DAL KADAPPA:
Moong dal - 1 cup
Potato - 2
Onion - 1 medium size
Tomato - 1 small size
Green chillies - 2 or 3 nos
Garlic - 6 pods
Grated coconut - 1 cup
Dhaniya powder - 2 tsp
Fennel - 1 tsp
Poppy seeds - 1 tsp
Cloves, Cinnamon, Caradamom - 2 each
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Oil & Salt
1.Pressure cook the moong dal and mash it well.
2. Boil the potato, mash them coarsely
3. Grind coconut, dhaniya powder, Fennel and poppy seeds
4. Slice the onions and tomatoes length wise. Finely chop the garlic and green chillies.
5. Heat oil in a kadai. Add cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and let them splutter. Add curry leaves.
6. Add onions, garlic and green chillies. Saute till onions turn translucent. Add tomatoes and cook till they are soft. Add the coconut paste and required water. Add salt and let it come to a boil.Add the mashed potatoes and the moong dal. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 mins.
7. Serve hot.